The fundamentals workshop will teach you numerous exercises and variations with the Meel™ and Shena™ together with complete regressions and progressions.
You will also learn dynamic flexibility exercises and gymnastic based cardiovascular (aerobic) and agility conditioning exercises as used in Persian Yoga™.
The goal is to prepare the athlete for learning fundamentals and progressions, with the Meel™ and Shena™, by establishing a solid foundation and understanding of the use of these tools and how they can be applied in the use of Persian Yoga™ and beyond.
The Fundamentals workshop (Level 1) will introduce you to Persian Yoga™ (Pahlavani) and teach you the fundamental principles and concepts of Circular Strength Training (CST) and integrated dynamic movement under load.
What you will gain from this workshop:
- Principals of Persian Yoga™ I
- Fundamental techniques and progressions/regressions with the Shena™.
- Level 1 Asanas with the Shena™
- Fundamental techniques and progressions/regressions with the Meel™
- Level 1 exercises and variations with the Meel™
- Level 1 Narmesh - dynamic flexibility exercises
- Level 1 Pa Zadan - cardio aerobic exercises
- The correct way to perform each exrcise and variation, including how to cue and correct others
- The purpose and function of each exercise, along with the bio-mechanical processes involved
- Safety aspects and injury prevention considerations
- How to introduce beginners to the Persian Yoga
- How to assess clients’ readiness for Persian Yoga, and regress and progress the movements as needed
- How to design, format and introduce individual and group exercise programs and classes - Pre-packaged exercise programs and routines with clear progressions suitable for all your clients
- Certificate of competency to teach - Issued to all who complete the workshop assessment component
- Become affilliated to Persian Yoga
- Gain access to special affiliates only discounts on our inventory
Program - 2 days Ca. 8 hours each session
- Introduction to Persian Yoga & Circular Strength Training
- Fundamentals of Meel - Mace Clubs with progressions and regressions
- Fundamentals of Shena - Pushup board with progressions and regressions
- Introduction to Sang (Shields)
- Group exercise session - Ca. 45 min (followed by 15 min break)
- Revision of Meel & Shena
- Variations with Meel - 12 exercises & variations
- Variations with Shena - 15 exercises & variations
- Fundamentals of Narmesh - Dynamic Flexibility conditioning in Persian Yoga
- Fundamentals of Pa Zadan - Cardio Aerobic conditioning in Persian Yoga
- Revision of safety, fundamentals and key concepts
Pahlavani is a systematic, fluid and incredibly demanding, yet simple and approachable practice.
You will learn the fundamental concepts, techniques and exercises of CST as used in Persian Yoga™ and the use of the Meel™ (Persian Mace Clubs) and Shena™ (Push-up board) in Persian Yoga™ and beyond.
Persian Yoga is equally suitable, and adaptable, for beginners, avid physical culturists and aging athletes alike.
Whether your goal is to improve your health & wellbeing or expand your skills as a fitness professional Persian Yoga will forever transform your approach to strength!